Welcome to Lockyer District High School
Secondary education in Gatton was first offered on the 1st January 1913 as a secondary department attached to Gatton State School. In 1917, due to increasing enrolments, Gatton High School was created on the present Gatton State School site. This became Lockyer District High School when it was opened at its present location in 1961.
Since that time, our school has developed with the town in establishing a positive and respected reputation and is recognised as a leader in the fields of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. Our school has produced many of the community’s local leaders and today is home to 1050 students.
Lockyer District High School has a highly respected reputation, within the Lockyer Valley and abroad, that is built on success and excellence. This has been achieved through a dedicated staff who respect individual students and through a highly supportive community.